Cooking Instructions & Notes
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large beet (200-250g), shredded very thin
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3L water
- 2-3 large potatoes, diced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 bay leafs
- 1 Tbsp Huy Fong Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- 2 Tbsp white miso paste
- 300g chicken breast, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large sweet pepper, sliced thin
- 2-3 celery stalk, sliced very thin
- 4 Tbsp tomato paste
- 300g Napa cabbage, shredded very thin
- 7-8 dried prunes, chopped very small
- 300g canned white beans
- Handful parsley, chopped
- Handful fresh dill, chopped
- Preheat a frying pan, pour 2 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil. Add the beets and vinegar. Fry, occasionally stirring, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Bring water to boil and transfer the beets from the pan into water. Then add potatoes, salt, black pepper, bay leafs, chili sauce, and miso paste.
- Bring soup to boil and simmer on low heat, covered for 12-15 minutes.
- Preheat a frying pan with oil. Add chicken, onions, bell pepper, and celery. Fry, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Add tomato paste. Cook for 1 more minute.
- Transfer the mixture into the soup. Add cabbage, prunes and canned beans.
- Cook the soup, covered for 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat, dill and parsley.
- Let it seat for 8-10 minutes before serving. Add salt and pepper to taste if needed.